Spanish Character Handling | Urgent

Hello Experts,

I am making a REST call to get some JSON data ( charset = UTF8) which contains spanish character. The JSON should be formatted in an HTML format and send as HTML.

But the Spanish characters cannot be mapped in webMethods version 9.12. I have tried to load the rest response as stream/byte as encoding set to UTF8, but still no luck.

Could someone guide what is missing.

Regards
Sasa

Hi Sasanka,

did you install the common library “extended character set” to your IntegrationServer instance?

Regards,
Holger

What do you mean when you say that? webMethods is Java based, and Java supports Unicode quite well. If you handle encoding properly, everything will work. We have successfully processed even more exotic characters than the spanish ones without any problems. Just check that the encoding information is correctly set where is should be (HTTP header, XML header etc).

Hi Sasanka,

can you provide some sample data as well as some screenshots showing the issue, please?

This might help the community to provide deeper thoughts for a solution.

Regards,
Holger

[
{“valor_soles”:" 3.269000",“codigo_moneda”:“02”,“descripcion_moneda”:“Dólar de N.A.”},
{“valor_soles”:" 0.119779",“codigo_moneda”:“04”,“descripcion_moneda”:“Peso argentino”},
{“valor_soles”:" 2.420227",“codigo_moneda”:“05”,“descripcion_moneda”:“Dólar australiano”}
]

Could you please guide how to read the tag “descripcion_moneda”?

The above data is being read in IS by invoking a REST call ( GET). Now, intention is to transform the data to the target data format, where i see the data is not populated after being mapped.

Regards
Sasa