[SOLVED] WebMethods 9.9 and JDBC adapter for PostgreSQL 9.4

Hello everyone,
I’m currently using webMethods integration server 9.9 and postgresql 9.4. I’d like to create a connection using the default webMethods jdbc adapter.
However I keep gettiing the same message:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: packages/WmJDBCAdapter/config/NOSUPPORTTypeMapping.xml

I tried to copy the content of the already existing file POSTGRESTypeMapping.xml into NOSUPPORTTypeMapping.xml but it didn’t really help since I got

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource adapters:PostGresConnection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
null

please note that the postgresql jdbc driver is within the integration server classpath.
I also tried to write a custom java service and I was able to connect to the DB.

Is there something I’m missing in order to complete the jdbc adapter configuration?
Are webMethods integration server 9.9 and postgresql 9.4 compatible with each other?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi Michele,

which Version of JDBC Adapter are you using?
6.5 or 9.0?

Any Fixes applied to JDBC Adapter?

Regards,
Holger

Hello Holger,
I’m using jdbc adapter 9.0 and I didn’t apply any fixes on my environment.

Best Regards

Hello Holger,
I solved the issue by installing the jdbc adapter 9.0 fix 7.

Thank you for your support

Best Regards,
Michele

Hi Michele,

even if the current issue is not documented in the readme of the Fix, applying sometimes solves issues.

Great that it works now.

Regards,
Holger

Hello Holger,
Which jdbc I use for Integration Server 98 ? Is that true, if I put the jdbc on /mydirectory/IS98/IntegrationServer/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars/ ?

Regard,
Yanuar

Hello Rahmat,

You can use ojdbc14 jar file.
You can place the file in the below Mentioned path.

C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\lib\jars

Reasons:
When we create multiple instances of IS we done need to explicitly place jars in each and every server directory.
The mentioned path is common Directory for all the instances that you create on a box.

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

Hi,

I would prefer to use ojdbc6.jar or even ojdbc7.jar from current Oracle Version.

Benefit:
This version can handle LOBs even in Thin Driver mode.
Additionally it has better performance as it benefits from the improvements introduced in the JVM.

The number in the jar file name indicates the minimum Java Version needed to get the Jar file working.

Regards,
Holger

Hi,

consideration about where to place the jar:

When placing in the central path I would suggest /lib/jars/custom instead of /lib/jars to keep it separated from the default jars.

But this locations requires a restart of every IS when these jars are changing.

When placing under WmJDBCAdpater/code/jars, it is sufficient to reload the package WmJDBCAdapter from Package Management to pick up the changed jar.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

That was informative thank you :slight_smile:

Please correct me if i am wrong.

.jar files will also be selected based on the DB you are using and i think for oracle 10g it doesn’t support ojdbc5 &ojdbc6.

are there any disadvantages of using ojdbc14 for higher versions of oracle (11g or 12c)?

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

Hi Syed,

ojdbc-jars are backward compatible down to Oracle 9i R2.

if there is no ojdbc5.jar for Oracle 10g this only means that this driver was not compiled for Java 5.

This means you can use the ojdbc7.jar from Oracle 12c to connect to any database between Oracle 9i R2 and Oracle 12c R1 as long as you are running in a JVM 7 or newer. When running on a JVM 6 you will have to use ojdbc6.jar instead.

ojdbc5.jar and ojdbc6.jar have been introduced with the Oracle 11g drivers, ojdbc7.jar has been introduced with Oracle 12c drivers.
With the Oracle 12c drivers the ojdbc5.jar has been retired.

This correlates to the EOL-Dates of the related Java versions.

Beginning with Java 5 there have been several improvements/optimizations to the bytecode for increasing performance.

When using ojdbc14.jar for connection to Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c you might not be able to connect as not all features are supported by the driver.

Can you provide the version of the ojdcb14.jar?
This can be found in the file META-INF/MANIFEST.MF inside the Jar and can be extracted with ZIP-compatible programs.

Regards,
Holger

This thread starts to mix up different database types.

Originally it was dealing Postgre SQL, but currently it is drifting towards Oracle database due a misunderstanding on todays question which is meanwhile being discussed in a separate thread in this forum.

Short answer to the original question of today from Rahmat:
Current Postgre SQL Drivers can be downloaded from here:
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thank you for correcting me. Never tried that but will give it a shot sometime.

Following are the details from META-INF/MANIFEST.MF File

Implementation-Title: “ojdbc14.jar”.
Specification-Title: “Oracle JDBC driver classes for use with JDK1.4”
Specification-Version: “Oracle JDBC Driver version - 9.0.2.0.0”

Regards,
Syed Faraz Ahmed

Hi Syed,

in this case you should at least update to ojdbc14.jar from Oracle 10g R2.

I have used the approach I have described above with following without any problems:

• Oracle 11g R2 driver for connecting to Oracle 10g R2 and Oracle 11g R2 databases
  • Oracle 12c R1 driver for connecting to Oracle 11g R2 and Oracke 12c R1 databases

You can download the mentioned drivers from here:

Regards,
Holger