[SOLVED] Send Task Notification E-mail weekly

yes this should work as it is working for me. did u try it already?

Yes it works :slight_smile:

And I was able to create the scheduling service on IS which sent my mails. So everything works as it should :slight_smile:

Thank you for everything!

that’s cool :lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

I know this is solved, but this seems like a very odd way of doing things - why do task stuff in IS?

Here’s what I’d try:

1. Create a task notification for your task, configuring the email layout in Designer.
  2. Create a business data date field. We’ll call the field notificationDate here.
  3. Create a task On Queue event: set notificationDate to be current date (add Simple Action, Set Business Data Date Field, choose Task Creation Date as start date, with 0 days/hours/minutes after start date).
  4. Create a task Date/Time event - choose start date = notificationDate business data. Decide if you’re counting business days or not with a business calendar, and set the number of days after that you want to wait, e.g. 7 days. Then add two Simple Actions to this event:
  • Send Notification - pick the notification created in 1)
  • Set Business Data Date Field - set it to the current value of notificationDate, plus 7 days.

That should then keep sending an email and creating a new event in the future until the task is completed.

Hey Rob

Thanks for your reply but this week is the deadline of my application as my internship is coming to an end so I won’t be trying out your suggestion. But I’ll make sure that whoever gets to work on it next will have your suggestion in the documentation.

Kind regards
Kevin