Server time rollbacks and webMethods

It has been purposed to rollback the time on our servers by a year, for testing purposes.
Besides the obvious problems surrounding this, does anyone know of any potential issues directly related webMethods? We are running linux webMethods 7.1.2.

Hi Ry,

I would like to know what kind of testing you are performing by rollback the server time by a year from your end.

I have tested by rolling back the windows time on my system and run the Integration server. It seems to work fine. The drawback of this is that the logging time in terms of error log, server log, error log, auditing log and others are pointing back a year.

Another one thing that you should be looking at is the license key of the webMethods product keys in webMethods 7.1.2 must be up to date.

Thanks,
William

We ended up shooting down the idea of time rollbacks, for a variety of reasons. Mostly due to data corruption.

webMethods is a piece of a custom software architecture and one of the application requirements was to check old data. In order to check this the testers purposed rolling back the servers’ time.

We were build a case why not to rollback the server times.

BTW, We won that one! :smiley: