server may not be active

hi,
we are already installed wmIS6.1, but we are not able to run workflow server, what is the the problem we are not knowing, any one can help plz
tell me the process

Thanks and Regards

Hi Sivakumar ,
You wrote “we are not able to run workflow server”.
Can you elaborate it further?

Hi to All,

“server may not be active” when we are running the workflow server.

already we have installed IS and using developer,adapters,tn.but when coming to use workflow server through the navigation panel mean through IS it is showing message “server may not be active” whether this problem regarding to adapters or broker.

when we are starting IS through command prompt, showing message “unable to create Broker transport com.wm.app.b2b.server.dispatcher.exception” , “Broker synchronize not performing Broker operations” .

Hi Sivakumar,
You will need Broker to be able to work with the workflow server.

Also, to connect IS to the Broker, you will need to configure Broker info in IS using the IS Admin UI.

Here is the sequence of start:

1> Start Broker
2> Start IS. In IS sartup log, verify that you see “connected to broker…” “Synchronizing docs with Broker…”
3> Start Workflow server.

HTH,
Bhawesh.

Hi,

what you have told, i followed that procedure,first i installed broker and did configure the broker, and installed workflow server,and started IS but
again that popmenu is coming when starting the WFserver.

plz what is the problem could u explain briefly to me

Hi,

what you have told, i followed that procedure,first i installed broker and did configure the broker, and installed workflow server,and started IS but
again that popmenu is coming when starting the WFserver. showing message “server may not be active”

plz what is the problem could u explain briefly to me

Hi Sivakumar,
After installing the WFServer, did you configure it using the WF Configurator?

If you are using windows, the Wf server gets installed as service. Did you start the WF service?

If you are on unix, did you run the WF Server’s startup script?

If yes, then check whether you see 6 WF Server processes in windows or unix?

Once you see those 6 processes, then start your workflow client and give the WF Server name and port to connect to it.

• Bhawesh.

Hi,

when im configuring to workflowserver im getting trouble to giving parameters those are

Jdbc Driver Class:
URL for JdbcDriverClass:
URL FOR DATABASECONNECTION:

anybody can help plz

Hi Sivakumar,
The WF Server uses the same classes12.zip or jar to connect to Oracle DB. So the JDBC Driver Class will be oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver and so on… Make sure you have the classes12.zip or jar in the WF Server class path. Please follow the WM Documentation.

-Bhawesh.

You should also see 9 java processes which ensures that the workflow server is started…

Krishna