Server certificate rejected by chain verifier

Hi,

I know this particular error already has a number of threads on this forum, but I am still unable to solve my problem.

I am a client (SAP BC 4.6), using HTTPS to connect to a server (also SAPBC 4.6) which has “request certificates” set up on it’s https port.

I have given them our certificate, and I also logged on to their url manually through IE and downloaded their certificate (using the copy to file function in IE when their certificate comes up). It seems their certificate is from Thawte. The date is valid, but in IE, it tells me “the security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust”, and “The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the site”.

I have still installed this certificate on our client business connector system, and tried the connection, but get the “Server Certificate is rejected by ChainVerifier” error.

I believe from the other posts that this means that the server is not supplying a trusted certificate, even though I have installed their certificate.

What I want to know is:

1. Have I followed the correct procedure by downloading their certificate directly in IE from the site I am trying to post to, or do I need to get the “Root certificate” whatever that is?

2. Is there a way I can get more information about the Business connector error so I can see exactly what is the problem.

3. Is it the server’s certificate that is at fault, or is it the way I have installed it? I read somewhere that I need to restart the business connector server after installing, is this true?

Thanks in advance for your help.