SCM for Models and Packages

Hi,

I am part of a team which tasks is to automate applications deployments. The idea is that based on:
a label in the versioning tool (where all code is stored)
an environment name
you should be able to deploy applications by just clicking a button. This works fine with .Net apps and Java apps.

We are currently unable to do this for webMethods models and packages. They are stored, versioned and labelled in our versioning tool. But when comes deployment time, we have to manually import/install those in the WM servers. The Deployer works from WM server to WM server, so here again you need to manually deploy on the source server before you can automate. This is a problem SCM wise.

Is there a way to automatically deploy from a versioning tool to a WM IS server? Or is the Deployer the only “automated” solution?

What is then the best SCM practice for WM, where I can guaranty full traceability on the test environments (given any environment, I can easily see which label/version of the packages and models is running, and if necessary, from the versioning tool, I can deploy this same label/version in another environment)

Best regards

Frederic Meyer

I put in a feature request a while back to integrate SCM (in our case ClearCase) with Deployer.

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. I will add my company to the feature request.

Best regards

Frederic Meyer
Dell Computer