Scheduling file polling port

Hi,

I would like to know is there any way by which i can schedule my file polling ports. I mean i want to start file polling ports every day at around 10 AM in the morning and want to stop them some time in the evening.

I am using IS 6.1 on windows.

Thanks
Atul

I’m going to get a bad rep for advising WmRoot services, so let me qualify by saying these should be used cautiously and sparingly.

That said, the services you want are wm.server.net.listeners:disableListener and wm.server.net.listeners.enableListener.

Create two flow services to be used by your scheduler.

In Flow1, put the disableListener service. Set the input listenerKey to be the port you want to disable. This will be something like FTPListener@9021 or HTTPListener@8080. (You can check the record names in the port.cnf for the exact key.) Set the input pkg to be whatever package is associated with the port under Security → Ports.

In Flow2, put the enableListener service. Set the inputs as above.

Schedule Flow1 when you want the port to come down.
Schedule Flow2 when you want the port to come up.

good luck.

Atul,

Just out of curiosity, have you thought about creating a complex repeating scheduler to simply pickup files and process them during your desired time. That can save you alot of headache from using the WmRoot services since they can be change in any release and it looks like you will be using this solution in production?