Scheduling a service

Hi,
I have a condition where i need to trigger a service 48 hours after a certain service is executed.
For example
If service “A” is executed on 04/11/2005 @ 17:00 Hours
then my service “B” should be executed on 04/13/2005 @ 17:00 Hours.

Thanks for all the help
Shantanu

give me the exact idea,

anyhow , use one of the secheduler service in sechedule folder, i mean to say use pub.schedule.addOneTimeTask service orelse try with pub.schedule.addRepeatingTask service , if this wont work in ur senario then u have to create ur own service.

Shantanu,

In your service A, add the following few steps after its main processing is completed successfully:

1. Get the current date-time (you may use pub.date:getCurrentDateString)
  2. Use a custom java service to add 48 hours to the current date-time to get the date-time at which the service B should be scheduled for.
  3. Just as Muneer suggested, use pub.schedule:addOneTimeTask as the last step to schedule Service B.

I don’t think you will need to use addRepeatingTask because the Service B is dependent on Service A - depends on the pattern of schedule in which your services need to run.

HTH,
Rohit

Hi,
Thank you all for the response. But i have a few questions regarding the pub.schedule:addOneTimeTask service.
The service has an input parameter called “INPUT” which takes a document as the input to the service. Does anyone know where is this document stored, and is there a way i can view the input being passed to the service.

Thanks
Shantanu

Hi,
INPUT is the input to the service you are scheduling. Say for example y need are scheduleing service “pub.math:addInts”

So in INTPUT you add:
INPUT
num1
num2

And populate num1 and num2 accoringly.

hope it is clear.

For service which does not need input you can ignore it.

Thanks
Bibek

Hi,
My question was where does webMethods store that INPUT parameters that i pass for the service i am scheduling.
Does it store it in the REPO server, is yes- is there a way i can see the input parameters.

Thanks
Shantanu

Shantanu,

It will store the Schedule jobs information in IS/config/jobs.cnf file.

Please check it out.