Scheduled service in Odd Timings

HI ALL,

I am planning to schedule a service form monday 12:00 pm to friday 5:00pm for every hour.

And the service should not run in the off time (from friday 5:00pm to monday 12:00pm).

I dont want to the service to be scheduled 3 times.
1.monday from 5pm
2.tuesday - thursday every hour
3. friday till 5:00 pm

Can the service be scheduled as a single scheduled service?

Thanks,
Ram

You can try setup Complex repeat scheduling in the ISAdminConsole/Scheduler page and customize the schedule job to run the service in specified timings by selecting calendar options list.Did you tried that setup?

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

I tried setting up the complex repeating scheduled service in IS ADMIN scheduler page.

The options in complex repeating scheduled service are weekdays , hours ,minutes.(leaving days and months which are out of scope i guess)

That is if i set mon to friday in weekdays and set every hour ,it would be implied on monday and friday also which i dont want as the there is specific time on mondays and fridays.

Is it what you are implying ?

Thanks,
Ram

Solution: Create a new service which get the current date time stamp; if say time is > 5pm on FRI, just exi[STRIKE]s[/STRIKE]t out of this flow service; set other conditions as needed; as default, run the original scheduled service…

Schedule this new service for M-F every hour

HTH.

thanks for logic saurabh

Glad that it helped you!!

Cheers,
Saurabh

Saurabh,

We can get the date from but how do we know which day it is?
Am i missing anything or is there any service that says which day of th eweek it is?

I think i can find it in the built in service pdf.

Thnaks,
Ram

Just use EEE (for Mon and EEEEEE for Monday) in the pattern field.

run pub.date:getCurrentDateString with “E” as the pattern to get the “day in week” value

HTH.