Saving Xcel templates

I found in the WmEDIsamples.Tutorial.FlatFile and sample flow called parseCsvInput. This flow requires a template with the tag as opposed to a flat file template which has a tag . The sample has the template data hard coded in the flow. This works fine. However, in a production environment such as the one I’m working in, the standards require the templates to reside on the Integration Server. This can be done with the putTemplate service which also works fine for a flat file template. My problem is this: when I try to save this template through our normal process, the template is not saved. If I merely change the tag to , the save works fine. Thus, I’m led to believe that the problem is with the tag. The documentation for the putTemplate gives no clues.

Has anyone successfully save this type of template?

Thanks.

Nic

Nic, can you post this message again and use a for your tag? For example, [TAG]. This way, we can all see the missing part of your message? Thanks.

And, by the way, I will work to correct the “disappearing tag” issue on the forums…

-Dan.

Nic, I have the fix in. Here is how to post tags:

CHANGE YOUR OPEN AND CLOSE TAGS TO THE FOLLOWING:

Open tag (<): \ch{otag}
Close Tag (>): \ch{ctag}

Also, you can use \pre{YOUR TEXT} to produce

fixed width text for CODE

I hope this helps.

<<I found in the WmEDIsamples.Tutorial.FlatFile and sample flow called parseCsvInput. This flow requires a template with the tag as opposed to a flat file template which has a tag . The sample has the template data hard coded in the flow. This works fine. However, in a production environment such as the one I’m working in, the standards require the templates to reside on the Integration Server. This can be done with the putTemplate service which also works fine for a flat file template. My problem is this: when I try to save this template through our normal process, the template is not saved. If I merely change the tag to , the save works fine. Thus, I’m led to believe that the problem is with the tag. The documentation for the putTemplate gives no clues.

Has anyone successfully save this type of template?

Thanks.

Nic >>