SAP connection to RFC Gateway Host with Program ID and Gateway parmeters

Hi there,

Please can someone confirm how one goes about configuring a connection to an RFC gateway server (program Id)?

I configured a connection to the RFC Gateway but I am getting the error below:

"[SAP.103.9103] WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating adapter connection: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoRuntimeException - Only destinations to an SAP AS ABAP system

are allowed. Passed destination <destination_name>_#RepoDest#! is invalid because the system reports its release to be of version 0"

I have also followed the recommendations in SAP note 1877907, but still no luck.

Thanks,
Brendon

Did you work this configuration with your BASIS and still no luck with program ID?

What all settings have you given on the SAP Adapter Connection configuration page?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we worked this configuration with the BASIS team and we gave the following settings on the SAP Adapter Connection configuration page:

User Name
Password
Client
Language
Application Server
External RFC Server
Program ID
Gateway Host
Gateway Service
Repository Server

Thanks,
Brendon

Please make sure you have just these settings filled and test the connection:

Connection Alias SAP_ECC
User Name
Password
Client YOUR SAP CLIENT number (100 or 200 what ever appropriate)
Language en
Load Balancing On
Application Server
System Number 00
Logon Group ECC
Message Serve
System ID (YOUR SAP CLIENT)
External RFC Server No
Program ID
Gateway Host
Gateway Service
Repository Server
SNC Enabled No
SNC Quality of Service Use global build-in default settings

Use SAPGui Off
RFC Trace Off
Log transaction status Off
Store message body On

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG

Thanks for your reply. We will confirm if these settings work.

Thank you.

Sure and please revert back on your testing :smiley:

I bet you must be a SAP expert? :smiley: Is there a way where we can download SAP free trail just to check the integration with webMethods 9.6 (SAP adapter)

Can you please share the details?

Sorry not that I am aware of any trial SAP version: :frowning:

Will let you know any clue on it.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

We tested with the parameters that you specified but unfortunately we can’t get the message into the Non SAP system via the Gateway.

Basically the integration is SAP ECC → webMethods → RFC Gateway Host → Honeywell (Non-SAP).

Based on the above, shouldn’t the parameter called “External RFC Server” be set to “Yes”, because it appears that the gateway parameters are ignored if “External RFC Server” = No.

However if we set “External RFC Server” = Yes, then we get the following error:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource aa_app_sap.adapters.sap.connections:connNode_honeywel_erp.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection aa_app_sap.adapters.sap.connections:connNode_honeywell_erp: after 1 attempt(s).
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[SAP.103.9103] WmSAP Adapter: Error on creating adapter connection: com.sap.conn.jco.JCoRuntimeException - Only destinations to an SAP AS ABAP system are allowed. Passed destination honeywell_erp_#RepoDest#! is invalid because the system reports its release to be of version 0

Please can you confirm correct value to set for parameter “External RFC Server” ?

Thanks and regards,
Brendon

As far as ours the setting is No

But did you try fill these also and try check with Basis what your values would be?

Logon Group ECC
Message Server
System ID

HTH,
RMG