SAP BC Package Release VERY URGENT PLS

Hi
I have a devlopment and QA environments for SAP BC . For a particular package, I had dev server as publisher and QA is subscriber. I deleted the subscription details from the administrator screen.
Now when I’m trying to recreate the new subscriber with QA , i’m getting
This error was returned by a remote server: Error: <server_name>:<port> is already a subscriber for a package called <pakcage_name>.

Could you please suggest me ways of averting this ?

Thanks a ton in advance
SK

Hi,
It is possible that there is a subscription for the package created on the QA environment.

To check if there is already a subscription to the package on the QA environment, go to the admin screen of the QA environment and click on packages/Subscribing link.Then click on Update and Unsubscribe from Remote Package link present in the right frame. Then locate your package and from under the dev publisher unsubscribe your relevant package.

Now from your dev environment admin screen you should be able to create a subscriber for your package. (click on packages/Publishing and click on the Add Subscribers link present in the right frame)

Thanks
sivaram

Thanks for your note sivaram. But there are no such links in QA environment to Dev server and vice-versa aswell…

Further research on this revealed that each and every every package would have MANIFEST.V3 file in its directory structure and would have node called <value> </value>, where in which serever stores the details…
looks like even we delete from the admin screen this inbuilt XML is not updated somehow! (may be i’m wrong NEED FURTHER INPUT FROM U ALL)…
Now my query - IS IT OK IF I UPDATE THIS FILE OR ARE THERE ANY OTHER FILES ON THE SERVER WHICH NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED ???

Thanks in advance

• SK

sorry the node is - value name=“publisher”> </value>

Sreedhar,

Check this thread it will show the pub/sub pack config file info where to update.

[url=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com

HTH,

Sreedhar,

Yes, as the link posted by RMG suggests, I would recommend that you remove all pub/sub references for that particular package on the source and destination system and then re-add them back. That should take care of this issue.

thanks,

ajandja