Retry Process Step

Hi
Could you please suggest the best way of achieving a Step level retry in BPM? The basic aim is to retry a step after a configured interval so that the failures because of intermittent errors are automatically retried?

Best Regards
Sivaraj Lenin

You could use a “Maximum Iterations Exceeded” transition to achieve this.

Sivaraj Lenin,
Please let me know if you have found any good solution for your problem. I am trying to achieve the same thing and wondering what approach you took.

Thanks in advance

Hi
In case of blocking calls where we would expect the response from the model step to proceed to the next step, we have implemented the following approach(callback mechanism):
From the model step, publish the request as a document to a service that subscribes to it. The service will process the request and publish the response back to the model with correlation id. Model would publish teh request and wait for the response(subscription). The retry would be handled by the trigger and we have tuned the trigger as per our requirements to retry.

In case of non-blocking calls where we would just want the operation to be performed and not bothered about the result to proceed to the next step, we would just publish the request which would be processed by a subscribing service.

I’m unsure whether is this the clean way to do things. We rushed up considering the timelines for delivery.

Please let me know if you think of any bright ideas.

Best Regards
Sivaraj Lenin