Restart logic with Natural/ Adabas

I need some help regarding natural GET TRANSACTION and END TRANSACTION #DATA statement.

Like, If we use END TRANSACTION #DATA in batch then where the transaction data will get stored. Is it a adabas file or some buffer area.

I have seen the application where the transaction data will be stored in adabas file. but not sure if it is a system file (default adabas file) or application need to create.

And, if it is a default adabas file then could you please provide me the default file name.

Thanks !!!

Hi Puru Kaushik,

You may want to look at END TRANSACTION statement details again. In Syntax Description section look at operand1 description and you should get your answer.

[url]http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/natural/nat426mf2/sm/endtrans.htm[/url]

Thanks, now I am clear with my questions. 8)

Could you guide me any way to check the ETDB values (0 or 1) in my application. means by using any system variable or any other way.

Hi Puru,

You will have to check with your Natural System Administrator (likely the same as your DBA) for your shop to find that out, as the only place it would be seen would be where the parms are supplied to assemble/link-edit them or in the SYSPARM profile for the nucleus. I know of no interface available to programmers that would reveal the value of ETDB for your session.

Typically, ETDB is not specified and would take the default of 0. If you are a Natural Security shop, the ET data is stored somewhere in the FSEC (Natural Security system file for your local db). Otherwise it would be stored in the FNAT (Natural system file). Either way, trying to programmatically extract the data other than through GET TRANSACTION DATA would be inadvisable, and knowledge of the actual location it is stored is more for academic reasons than technical.

Understanding the settings for *ETID, though, is what ensures this practice works.

Hi Puru Kaushik,

Brian has already explained the way. To add a little more:

ETDB is a NATURAL profile parameter. Profile parameters are specified statically or dynamically.

Static parameters are specified in the Natural parameter module NATPARM, during the installation of Natural. They are used as the default for each Natural session.

Dynamic parameters are specified at the startup of a Natural session. You can predefine a set of dynamic parameters with the Natural SYSPARM utility.

As already suggested by Brian ask your Natural Administrator to check the value for you.