Response Transformation - XML

Hi,

My scenario is, when I make soap call to one of the backend services, I get response as below - for each element:    [COLOR=Blue]<item>[/color]

address
pramodkumar.ds@gmail.com

Presently I need to transform it into format:
pramodkumar.ds@gmail.com

This is because the backend is been here for a long time and can’t be changed :frowning: One of the option I see is, to write a .xsl to make the transformation and use pub.xslt.Transformations:transformSerialXML service.

Now my question is - is this the best way, or is there a better way for doing this in webMethods

Cheers,
Pramod

a simple flow service will do. check the IS dev guide for how to do mapping

But mapping from the response to how I need, would not solve my problem. :frowning: Because I have to do this in multiple services, and the is a document list. Hence I’m looking for a functional solution for this, and not specific to this single instance alone.

btw, is there a way to retrieve value from the item document list, without looping and branching, but by using the key. (like as in the copy condition)

address
pramodkumar.ds@gmail.com

Thanks for your response.

Cheers,
Pramod

What’s the objection to looping and branching?

LOOP over ‘/item’
…BRANCH on ‘/item/key’
…address: MAP (value to target/address)
…key2: MAP (value to target/key2)
…someKey: MAP (value to target/anotherField)

At some point, something needs to know the address and the data within the paired tag maps to . The “IS way” to do this is the loop and branch above. There are many other implementation possibilities but IMO this is the most straight-forward.

Use documentListToDocument service. It does exactly what you want.

I had looked at that service and for some reason thought it wouldn’t work in this case. But clearly that is the right service for this task.

Thanks for the response!!