rename a task application

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how to make the renaming of the task application work?

Thanks
gayathri

To change actual tab name as it shows up in the MWS taxonomy (e.g. inbox folder) you would need to modify this name in the taskDefinition.xml file directly, as shown in the attachments TaskEditor.jpg and TaskDefinition-xml.jpg.

If you do this you need to Delete the task type from Task Engine Administration before deploying the updated task application, otherwise you will end up with two tabs with old and new names.

Next you need to change the portlet names that compose the Task Application. Double-click on the portlet from Solutions View to open portlet editor and rename portlet.

Hope this helps.
–mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the info.

Can you please let me know what all the steps we need to follow in order to change the task type name and make it work as usual.

I have made the change in the “Task Type Name” in the overview tab, when I have published the task, its deploying properly, but the task is not getting transitoned to the next step. Can you please let me know what am i missing here?

Thanks in advance.

-Gayathri

It sounds like the process model needs to be updated to know about the new task type. Double check your process model’s task step information.

Hope this helps.
–mark

Hi Mark,

I have given the new task info and did a build and upload after deploying the new tasks to server. Please let me know if thr is any important step im missing?

Thanks
Gayathri

Not being a Modeler expert, i’m not the best to give advice… But i’ll try :slight_smile:

I think that you should have a look at the debug logs for both the Process Engine (IS) and the Task Engine (MWS).

There should be a log statement describing the queuing (attempted in this case and failing) of a new task from the Process Engine to the Task Engine.

–mark

Thank you for the info.

Now the task is getting queued, but when I am trying to complete, it shows the complete status in the monitoring page, but it does not transition to the next step. Below is the error at error log.
“{1}”
com.wm.net.NetException: [ISC.0064.9314] Authorization Required: [ISS.0084.9001] Invalid credentials
at com.wm.app.b2b.client.Context.invoke(Context.java:1088)
at com.wm.app.b2b.client.Context.invoke(Context.java:939)
at com.wm.app.b2b.client.Context.connect(Context.java:576)
at com.webMethods.portal.mech.task.impl.TaskHelper.getISContext(TaskHelper.java:937)
at com.webMethods.portal.mech.task.impl.TaskHelper.getISContext(TaskHelper.java:945)
at com.webMethods.portal.mech.task.impl.TaskCompletionHandler.replyTaskCompletion(TaskCompletionHandler.java:172)
at com.webMethods.portal.mech.task.impl.TaskCompletionHandler.run(TaskCompletionHandler.java:107)

It looks like you need to tell Integration Server where MWS is. (The process engine is a component of IS and the task engine is a component of MWS)

This document: http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite8-2_ga/SysReqs_Installation_and_Upgrade/8-2-SP1_Installing_webMethods_Products.pdf

Check out the section titled:
Connect Process Engines to Task Engine

Regards,
–mark