Remote Mode Development

Are there any best practices available for remote mode development. We have our Developer client installed locally in our machines and connect to the IS hosted in some other location(very far :-)). We had some response issues during our development especially when we do our debugging/tracing. We are planning to go for remote mode development using some remote login software.

Just wondering is there anything that webMethods suggests for these type of developments?.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Hi,

I have the same problem. When I need to trace somthing remote is almost inposible.
I make following things:

• More logging in every step from flow traceLog.
  • When input for flow is small, I trace remotely.
  • When Input for flow is large I make so: NeetMeting or Remote Desktop Administrator call to the computer near in IS Server run Developer on this machine. In this case I need Internet connection only to send commands to remote PC and to see results. Remote PC should have better LAN connection to the IS Server, this make tracing easily. Main effort in Developer when you make tracing is big pipelines (XML). Maybe remote desktop call seems to be madness but work.