Regarding package and folder

Hi,

Could anybody tell that

1.what is Best Practices in webMethods ? can anybody tell with example?

2.we have some coding standards while developing flow services.As part of that we use the same name to the top-level folder as the package name.Why should we use like that ?is there any benifit?

3.I know that EAI is process of linking different applications and/or systems across the enterprise.
But we can achieve that by using java also.Then why we should follow specifically EAI approach?

Thanks in advance

I have worked on Java projects (J2EE integration layer) as well as webMethods projects and in my experience i found that Java falls short in providing out of the box connectors (adapters) and it involves more man hours and effort to get an interface up and running in Java compared to webMethods. Also, it is not as flexible as what an EAI implementation can provide (BAM,BPM, SOA, ESB, Deployer, TN etc ). Of course now a days there are third party softwares that can provide this functionality (PEGA etc) but again that adds additional cost and code management.

On the other hand, if it is a relatively small implementation (does not involve external partners) then Java would be more suitable because of high licensing fees of the EAI softwares. So far, i did not see or heard a successful Java Integration at an Enterprise Level (or as an ESB) with out cost over runs or a good Architecture.

Again, This is just my experience and I might not have seen enough. Others, any thoughts?

Cheers,
Akshith

QUOTE byrajeshb;
Could anybody tell that

1.we have some coding standards while developing flow services.As part of that we use the same name to the top-level folder as the package name.Why should we use like that ?is there any benifit?

2.what is Best Practices in webMethods ? can anybody tell with example?

The top level folder name same as package, why because the service in the top level folder/subfolder invoked by the some service in another package, any one can easily identify that service is belongs to which package. The invoked service starts with toplvelfolder.subfolder:nameof the service.
example :
suppose someone has implemented the DSP page and that invokes one of the IS service to provide some result that exist in xyz package. In this case the top-level folder and package’s name both are same , you can easily identify that service in which package is it partof .

Thank you Akshith , you had shared the good points.

In reply to your question 2:
have a look at: www.customware.net