Refresh Library Workspace from Natural Studio Plug-In

Hi,

I’m writing a plug-in to transfer modules around and I’ve found that the library workspace in Natural for Windows 6.1.1 (pl 5) does not refresh itself afterwards. Does anyone know if there is any way to do this? I tried the Studio.refresh method but it didn’t seem to do anything and I can’t locate an object for the Library Workspace. The modules are refreshed ok when I use F5 in the correct place.

Thanks,
Martin.

I am not sure that there is a better solution than to generate a FTOUCH command and execute it as a Windows command (using USR1052N).

Please let us know if it works.

I had to add the “…\bin” library to my PATH to get the command to work. I did a “ftouch -d” as this seemed the most general option. I’d set up the conditions within Nat for Windows - the ftouch unfortunately did nothing. I think this is because it is manipulating the FILEDIR.SAG that is already correct because I used MAINUSER to copy the programs.

Its probably just a matter that either I don’t understand what the Studio.refresh method does or that it isn’t supposed to refresh all windows & thereby the Library Workspace.

When I select the library I’m after and press F5, it refreshes the module list, and at the same time, any modules in List windows that have been opened on the same library. This means the functionality is there, its just whether a public interface has been provided for it.

Thanks,
Martin.

I had to add the “…\bin” library to my PATH to get the command to work. I did a “ftouch -d” as this seemed the most general option. I’d set up the conditions within Nat for Windows - the ftouch unfortunately did nothing. I think this is because it is manipulating the FILEDIR.SAG that is already correct because I used MAINUSER to copy the programs.

Its probably just a matter that either I don’t understand what the Studio.refresh method does or that it isn’t supposed to refresh all windows & thereby the Library Workspace.

When I select the library I’m after and press F5, it refreshes the module list, and at the same time, any modules in List windows that have been opened on the same library. This means the functionality is there, its just whether a public interface has been provided for it.

Thanks,
Martin.

Are you using the Refresh method and sending the RefreshObject parameters as well? Looks like you can specify exactly which node you would like refreshed, much like the manual process of selecting a library before refreshing.

Chad.

Apparently the INatAutoStudio::Refresh method works as expected only for node types defined by plug-ins, not for the built-in node types.

Has this been brought to the attention of Software AG through a support request? They have been really good about fixing things WRT plugins in the past, in the documentation there is nothing about limiting the refresh to plugin defined node types.