Receiving XML String from ASP

IS will be expecting an XML String from and ASP. I understand that there is a specific variable name for the XML String which can be configured, whereby, once receiving the XML String, IS will automatically recognise the variable to be a byte, instead of an XML String, thus not requiring the ‘XMLStringToXMLNode’ step.

Does anyone knows what’s the exact name of the variable used?

Hi Jennifer,

The variable name is $xmldata. When IS encounters this variable, it automatically parses the contents of $xmldata and creates a node that can be used by the service that takes node as input.

Cheers,
Aara Amudhan

Just one word of caution, $xmldata will not work for large file handling.

Ray, you mentioned that $xmldata will not work for large file handling. Are you referring to the size of data sent?

Jen,

I guess I should be a little more specific. There are a lot of variables that determine what a particular environment can handle in terms of file sizes. These can include number of processors, amount of JVM allocated memory, and how optimized your flow/java services are coded.

The nice thing to know about $xmldata that the system assumes that the file is “xml” and converts the data to a node automatically. It skips validation/parsing routines as a results which makes your processing in a high-volume transaction environment much faster. Validation definitely drags down the process.

There is some information relating to this in the large document file handling document.

Ray