reading a xml schema in schema editor

hI!
i have a simple problem whose solution i m not ableto find in tamino documentation…

i have a " Mpeg-7 schema " which is a standard wec schema…
my question is that can i read this schema into tamino schema editor …
or use this schema in anyother way to load data based on it…

thanxx
sourabh :stuck_out_tongue:

sourabh

As far as I’m aware the XML schema for MPEG7 uses some features we do not (yet) support in Tamino:

- schema composition (include and import)
- global types
- attribute groups
- … (possibly others?)

Fortunately, there is a workaround:
- replace “include” by combining files into a single one
- import is only used to define xml:lang and xml:space attributes. These are currently internally predefined (and thus accepted within instances) by Tamino.
- all other features hopefully can be transformed using an “XML Schema to TSD3” stylesheet which should be available via the Tamino Community

Best regards
Uli

quote:
Originally posted by Ulrich Post:
As far as I'm aware the XML schema for MPEG7 uses some features we do not (yet) support in Tamino:

- schema composition (include and import)
- global types
- attribute groups
- ... (possibly others?)

Fortunately, there is a workaround:
- replace "include" by combining files into a single one
- import is only used to define xml:lang and xml:space attributes. These are currently internally predefined (and thus accepted within instances) by Tamino.
- all other features hopefully can be transformed using an "XML Schema to TSD3" stylesheet which should be available via the Tamino Community

Best regards
Uli

thanx for your answer but i still have one doubt...is there a way to convert or transform a w3c schema to TSD..

regds
sourabh

sourabh

Please have a look at the Tamino Schema Conversion Tools. They will convert your XML Schema to TSD3. The documentation will helps you to understand the necessary conversions.

I’m very interested about results and tips about importing this schema in Schema Editor !

Please post the MPEG7 original schema. I’d like to have a look at it and find out what the TSD3 representation might be.

Hi,

here is the MPEG-7 schema. it is a bit modified,
as it would not have validated with xmlspy.

I hope this helps. We are also working with
the same problematics, like you have pre-
viously mentioned. For further contact:

Artur Lugmayr (lartur@cs.tut.fi, www.lugy.org)
< !-- MDS Information Technology - Multimedia Content Description Interface ?
Part 5: Multimedia Description Schemes (ISO/IEC 15938-5) →
< !-- ################################### →
< !-- MPEG-7 MDS Schema →
< !-- ################################### →

SCHEMA HAS BEEN MOVED TO ATTACHMENT TO IMPROVE READABILITY OF THREAD — ADMINISTRATOR

[This message was edited by Jan Harmsen on 01 Aug 2002 at 09:12.]
MPEG7.zip (17.4 KB)

Hello,

in quest for a simpler view on MPEG7 (the pasted schema is very big, please post it as attachment next time) i found The MPEG 7 schema page with a little bit smaller sub-schemas and worked with them.

I had to change the mds-2001 schema in order to get the Tamino Schema Conversion Tools working.
Problem was that the resolution of types does not works with recursions. I changed these into element reference recursion. My changes are prefixed with “LEM:”. The changed schema and a wrapper schema that uses it are attached.
If you load the converted schema into the Tamino Schema Editor you have to set the targetNamespace prefix property to mpeg7, as well create a doctype that points to mpeg7:Mpeg7.

However as Tamino 3 does not know global types all these constructs have been removed, as well as list etc. - for more details see the documentation of the conversion tools -.

Kind regards,
Harald
MPEG7Fixes.zip (24.4 KB)

I forgot to post the resulting tsd. Here it is:
Mpeg7-2001fixed.tsd (181 KB)

hey,

i know that this thread is a little bit old now, so i probably cannot expect the provided files to work properly. but i would like to define the mpeg-7 schema in my Tamino database. when i take the file “Mpeg7-2001fixed.tsd” and tried to define it as a schema in the database the first time i got this xml:lang error, but i solved it by adding the following command to the file:

but now i get the this as error message in the interactive tool:

i don’t know how to solve it. would be great if someone could have a look at this…

cheers
hauke
[/quote]

I’ll admit that I’m no XML Schema expert.

To me it looks an element has a “ref” in it and the referenced element is not a global element (i.e. not a top level element or immediate child of the schema element).

that is true, that it’s referenced. the referenced element is declared after the element which is referencing to this object…is this supposed to work? I don’t know. On the other hand I could not move the referenced (in this case the “Quotation” element) above the referencing element (the “mpeg7” element), because Quatation in turn is referencing to elements declared in the mpeg7 element…to me this looks a bit strange but I don’t know too much about XML Schema either …?

I am also trying to convert the Schema via the Schema Editor again because there are new releases of the Tamino DB as well as of the Schema editor, but I’m having trouble doing this too. I opened another Thread for this, maybe someone could have a look at this…

http://tamino.forums.softwareag.com/viewtopic.php?t=5344

cheers Hauke