radio button-checked attribut

X-Application Version: 3.1.3_2
Tamino Version : 3.1.1
Platform : WIN200
WebContainer : Tomcat 3.3a
JDK Version : 1.3.1

Hi,

I have in one of my create.jsp radio buttons. Because I need a value, i have entered the checked-attribut at one of them. But after the page is parsed by xapp, the attribut is missing. Why delets the xapp this attribut?

Thanks,

A. Grahl

[This message was edited by Christian Freytag on 21 Mar 2003 at 12:33.]

Hi,

in order to understand you question better, is it possible to send us the pages?

It would be perfect if you are able to deploy the whole application.

Then we are able to understand your problem while running.

You can make you application deployable when
calling on command line:

e.g.: jar cvf deployedApp.war -C applicationName .

Hint: don’t forget the “.” at the end of the command.

If you application is located in webapps folder of tomcat e.g., first change location on command line to tomcat/webapps.

Thank you in advance

Thorsten

Hi Alexander,

thank you for sending the details.

I had a look on your Problem and I’ve found a solution.

First, the problem:

• 1. Unfortunately X-Application 3.1.3 isn’t able to support default values defined within the schema.
  • 2. The edit tag interpretes its body content and displays the current the value of the selected node.
    After generating the document the value of the node is “” and not the expected default value. (see 1.)

Cause of that reason the radio button can’t display the default value correctly.

Solution:

• 1. Write a plugin, which creates a new document with the default value manual and place it into the workspace.
  • 2. Register the plugin in your xapplication.xml file as a Workspace plugin.
  • 3. Adapt your JSP file.
    e.g.:

<xapp:action type="myCreate" schema="documentSchema"><a href="nextPage.jsp">Create a new Page</a></xapp:action>

I hope this hints will help you.

Bye
Thorsten

Hello,

the generation of default values is one of the extension for the schema support we made for X-Application 4.1.1. Therefore, this bug is solved with X-Application 4.1.1.

Bye,
Christian.