RACF control...

Hi List.

EntireX (via .NET Wrapper) has any way to know when a RACF password is about to expire???

Can I change the RACF password from .NET using wrapper and Natural RPC? or should I use another component…?

Grettings…

Hi Euridici

EntireX can not tell you when Your password expires. I am not shure if this information is supplied via the RACROUTE interface.

You should be able to change password with the Logon function via the NewPassword field/propperty of the broker control block. I do not know if this field is supported in .NET.

Depending on Your application scope (like a server) it could be a possibility to let the application run with a UserID which do not need password change (expiration=0).

:stuck_out_tongue: Steen Kromann
DMdata

EntireX Security on the mainframe has two Natural interfaces to RACF that can provide the information you need. NA2NRES can read the RACF (or ACF2 or TS) user name, password expiry, etc. NAT2NPAS can be used to change the password, but a simpler method would be to do a direct ACI Logon call, supplying the new password in the appropriate field in the Broker control block.

Douglas Kelly,
Principal Consultant
Software AG, Inc
Sacramento, California

The enclosed Natural program (tested under Natural 3.1.5 / EntireX 6.2) calls NA2NRES to retrieve a given userid’s name and calculate the password expiry date from RACF. :slight_smile:

The RACF interface is further described by IBM documentation. I used IBM RACF RACROUTE template documentation at IBM RACF RACROUTE

Douglas Kelly,
Principal Consultant
Software AG, Inc
Sacramento, California
safpswd.systrans (1.97 KB)

Forgot to mention: NA2NRES and NA2NPAS are in SYSSAF. You either need to steplib SYSSAF to wherever you run the password checker or copy the module to SYSTEM.

SYSSAF is created as part of the install of EntireX Security.

Douglas Kelly,
Principal Consultant
Software AG, Inc
Sacramento, California

I will test it.

Thanks a lot…