Queue Connection Factory - Context

Hello! I am working through connecting with UM using SSL as the security and coming into some issues. Does anyone know how to resolve the Context Naming for the Queue an Queue Connection Factory? In my JNDI properties, I am using Context Factory “com.pcbsys.nirvana.nSpace.NirvanaContextFactory” an when I try to set the Queue Connection Factory, I get an error “javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an application resource file: java.naming.factory.initial.”

All the documentation I looked up does not state any naming convention for setting the queue information. Thank you!

Are you using a Java program to connect to UM over SSL or are you connecting from any Web app server using the UM resource adapter? If you are using WAS\BOSS\Oracle Fusion there are some specific settings that need to be enabled to use SSL with UM on the JCA Spec.

Akshith, thank you for the reply.

I am writing a Java program to connect to the UM over SSL.

You need to setup custom SSL attributes in your code for the JNDI context and apply it to the Connection Factory. Check the 9.12 UM Developer Guide page 58. There is a code sample there as well.

connectionFactory.setProperties(env);
Connection con = connectionFactory.createConnection();

Akshith,
Sorry for the elementary question, but I cannot find a pdf guide, only the web version. Do you have a link?

http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite9-12/Universal_Messaging/9-12_Universal_Messaging_Developer_Guide.pdf

Thank you! This is the area I was thinking and raised a huge question I could never find the answer to, what data type is “connectionFactory”?

Unless i am missing something…This will be the standard JMS connectionFactory for Queue or Topic. Refer to Java docs for JMS API Specs from Oracle.

https://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/jms/ConnectionFactory.html

Akshith, ConnectionFactory does not contain the method .setSSLStores or any other that is listed.

Ah…now i see the problem. You could have referred to the missing method in the beginning itself and saved both of us some typing…:).

First, you are correct about the documentation. There is no reference to the Data type of the connectionFactory, it is very confusing. The Javadoc has to be updated to reflect these kind of things.

After poking around, i see that the method setSSLStores is in the ConnectionFactoryImpl class which is in the nJMS.jar. This is not the standard JMS jar but the nJMS.jar from UM. Can you try creating using that?

Akshith,
Perfect! Thank you so much!!