Question on FlatFile Document

I have a flatfile schema where default record is set and also the record identifier is configured. Now when I create the Document type using wm.server.ff:createDocumentType service the new document has 3 records, one corresponds to the record identifier and the other two are added as recordWithNoID and has same structure as Default record. I am wondering why the recordWithNoID is duplicated.

I also see that once the recWithNoIDLike46 is set to false, then I get only one record with recordWithNoID. But not sure how this property is going to impact me.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Santosh

If you set the record definition to false (not to show as doc list) then it should work as expected and the exact name should be

recordWithNoId

HTH,
RMG

Hi,

I couldn’t find any thing in flatfile schema where I can set record definition to false.
Did you mean to remove the default record?

Thanks for your help
Santosh

No I meant its the Max Repeat set to false (not to be a doc list) on the FFSchema (recordWithNoID) properties section.

HTH,
RMG

@Santhosh,

Kindly attach your package code sample. I will try to help you out…

My suggestion is just for doc vs doclist problem…but really FF layout and parsing is good as expected and problem with the duplicates of data may be better upload the screens and more details to be on the same page :smiley:

HTH,
RMG

Hi Mahesh & RMG,

I am attaching a sample package with two Dictionaries, forDefault and forFlatfileStructure.
In the FFSchema, default record is set to forDefault dictionary reference and flatfile structure is set to forFlatfileStructure dictionary reference. FFSchema is a delimiter-ed schema.

Then I generated Doctype from FFSchema, and it has 3 records, one corresponds to forFlatfileStructure dictionary record and the other two corresponds two forDefault dictionary record.

I wonder why it is duplicated for default record.

Also if I set the recWithNoIDLike46 property to true in the ff.cnf file the default record is no more duplicated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Santosh
TestFlatFIle.zip (7.32 KB)

Also if I set the recWithNoIDLike46 property to true in the ff.cnf file the default record is no more duplicated.

So is your duplicate default record issue resolved now?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Not sure if I should use this property. I don’t know how it is going to impact the parsing.

Thanks
Santosh

You should try first it in your DEV env and see if no impact to parsing etc…

HTH,
RMG