Question for customers using the on premise version of AgileApps

I am interested in hearing the experience of those companies that are running the on premise version of AgileApps.

I know there is a major release of AgileApps scheduled for October.

I was wondering if it is has been a good experience to install the first version of a major new release, or if you wait for the next monthly (patch) release, so that release is stabilized?

Thanks.

Hi Howard,

The on-premise release is a consolidation of the releases that we do on the cloud every month.

So, even though your question is valid for most conventional software releases but this aspect is different from an AgileApps perspective. We do have features that are not part of the cloud updates and are released only as part of the on-premise release but for the upcoming 10.7 Oct release these are not relevant for standalone AgileApps customers. Oct 17th, customers will get both 10.7 available to be installed via the SAG installer and also the 10.7.1 fix since the 10.7 build is finalized on Sep 15th. The stabilisation fix is released alongside the main release for all the issues found between Sep 15th and Oct15th as part of the Quality process followed at Software AG.

Thanks
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for that comprehensive response!

We have been developing our applications in the AgileAppsLive cloud version. The Software AG people have been kind enough to let us continue doing that while we get our on premise installation up and running.

The problem we face right now is that we are unable to move our applications (as Packages) out of the cloud to our on premise test instance of AgileApps because our on premise version is 10.6.0, and the cloud version is (as of last week) 10.6.10. We have to bring our on premise version up to 10.6.10 in order to move our applications to on premise. I have downloaded the 10.6.10 patch release files.

I know there was another upgrade of the AgileAppsLive cloud version on Sunday. Because of that, I have these questions:

1. Is the AgileAppsLive cloud version now a later version than 10.6.10?
  2. If the AgileAppsLive cloud version is later than 10.6.10, is there a patch version of the application we can download?

Thanks.

1. Is the AgileAppsLive cloud version now a later version than 10.6.10?
  2. If the AgileAppsLive cloud version is later than 10.6.10, is there a patch version of the application we can download?

Hi Howard,

To answer the above 2 questions.

The update on Sunday was a fix for the customer support team only and did not require any fix on the AgileApps platform.

Hence, the version number was not changed.

So applications from cloud can be installed to your on-premise environment without any issues.

We have another update planned on 26th Sep which will be 10.6.11 which contains actual fixes.

Thanks
Gaurav