Thank you for your answer.
I could not test your suggestion using the Tamino Interactive Interface because when I try to execute queries that return large result set I get the following error:
<ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXYE9238”>Internal database error has occurred</ino:messagetext>
For small result sets the query works fine. (I will try to find what this error means later…)
Nevertheless I agree that this difference in query execution times may be related with result set size because all the tests I made have the same behaviour (large result set: more time, small result: less time under 1s) .
For the test I used Tamino API for .NET. The code executed in the server works like this:
- connect to DB
- take start time
- execute query
- take end time
- compute execution time (end time – start time)
- prepare output
- disconnect from DB
The client (web browser) is executed using other computer.
I think the time measured like this is not affected by the rendering in the browser. May be there are other factors involved.