Query Error

X-Application Version: 3.1.2, 3.1.1
Tamino Version : 3.1.1
Platform : NT, Win2k, Solaris, …
WebContainer : Tomcat 3.3
JDK Version : 1.3.1

Hi,

I successfully generated a demo application using X-application. HOwever when I type in a value in the textbox, and i click on search,I get the results of another value. And the same results persist even when I change the query.
I am querying usingthe standard query(“/tagname/tagname/tagname,=)”
Is there anything else to be done? I am posting the 2 files, the accessorie1.xml and the schema accessories.tsd file. The collection name is: coll and the schema name is: accessories. can someone please try it and tell me what is going wrong?
Thanks,
Sumier

[This message was edited by Christian Freytag on 26 Jul 2002 at 09:53.]
accessories.zip (1.93 KB)

Hello,

my colleague and I had a look at our TSD and XML document. We assume that you expected that a single accessory is displayed and not the how document (accessories). However, X-Application supports currently only the processing of hole documents. Therefore, the search for accID does not return
/accessories/accessory[accId=?a001?],
but
/accessories[accessory/accId=?a001?].

Within the list page. /accessories/accessory/accId is displayed which is identical with /accessories/accessory[1]/accId. This explains why you see an empty list or the first accessory of the document matching the query.

Workaround:
If possible, change your schema by removing the accessories root node and use accessory. Generate the application based on the new schema.

Bye Christian.

Hello,

with the new version 3.1.3 of X-Application is possible to request sub-document for read-only access. This means you can display the sub-documents, but cannot modify them because X-Application does currently not support the update of sub-documents.

If its absolutely required to have a solution for an update, we could analyze your application / schema. Perhaps, a plugin approach could be used to implement a sub-document update.

To get an idea how to work with sub-documents within 3.1.3 have a look at the simple examples of X-Application.

After installing X-Application 3.1.3 and starting Tomcat, you have access to the simple examples via

http://localhost:8080/xapp
→ Simple

Here, you will find a link to ‘Browsing Sub-Documents’.

Bye,
Christian.