Problem with data retrieval using search.jsp

X-Application Version: 3.1.3
Tamino Version : 4.1.1
Platform : WinXP ProfWebContainer : Tomcat 3.3.1
JDK Version : 1.3.1_06

Hello,

I have successfully installed x-application, but I have the following problem:

The schema of my database is very complex. Therefore I have to change the structure.xml to get my x-application running.

The x-application is running but I just can retrieve the data I have inserted with the x-application itself. Other data, I have inserted via the Interactive Interface is unreachable for my x-application.

When I search for such “other” data the following error message is displayed:

!Error!
An error occurred in the application program. Please report the following problem to your webmaster.
Error message: internal error
Help message:
Exception id: 999
Exception Type: ApplicationException
Stacktrace:

XException: id = 999
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
<>

I attach my tsd, an xml-file (with “other” data) and two different structure-xml files (it is the same problem with both of them).

Could you help me?

Best regards
Thorsten (NSDB)

[This message was edited by Christian Freytag on 21 Mar 2003 at 12:34.]
error_xapp.zip (5.82 KB)

One thing you can try is: configure more memory for tomcat. How to do this depends on your Tomcat version. For Tomcat 3.3.1, you can (in a shell)
cd yourTomcatHome
set TOMCAT_OPTS=-Xmx512M
bin\startup

Michael

Hello Michael,

thank you very much for your soon answer.

Unfortunately it does not help to increase the memory for Tomcat. The error ist the same as before.

Do you have another idea?

Best regards
Thorsten

Hello,

I checked your schema with the version 4.1.1 of X-Application we are currently developing.

This version had no problem with your schema. There was no need to adapt the structure file to reduce the number of fields displayed in one page. X-Application 4.1.1 will run with Tomcat 4.1.18 and Tamino 4.1.1.

I could reproduce also an “out of memory” problem when generating the application with X-Application 3.1.3 and running the application with Tomcat 3.3.1. However, I could not find the time to analyse the problem. And also for the next time, it will be very hard to spend time for the analyse.

What we could offer you, is to give you a pre-release of the new version. The requirement is Tamino 4.1.1 (you already have) and Tomcat 4.1.18. If you are interested in the pre-release, please contact me directly via email.

Bye,
Christian.

Hello,

the problems should be solved when using X-Application 4.1.1.

Bye,
Christian.

Hello,

you are right. With X-Application 4.1.1 the problems are solved.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards
Thorsten