Processing multiple EDI ISA segments in a single file

Hi Chris,
I tried to run it but the template is not there and I get no return values. I am not sure how it is going to work if there is only one ISA segment? That was my problem, my ISA segment was a record if there was only one instance of it in the file. If there was multiple it worked as expected.

Ramyee,

I’m assuming this is inbound EDI. if so are you using TN? I’m not understanding your need for the template on the EDI file. If you have TN your rule should be at the Envelope level. Then only one ISA at a time is passed to your service.

Maybe you could provide a little more detail as to the approach you’re taking.

Chris, You are correct this is an inbound po. I am using TN but version 4.6 does not have any capabilities to accept flat files. I am processing these files via the edi adapter. My procedure reads as follows: I am getting files from the customer’s server via ftp. I then loop on these files and convert them to idata objects. Afterwards I route them to TN where they are recognized and processed.
Because the file I am retrieving from the customers server can have multiple envelopes (due to appends), I need to loop off of the ISA as well as the ST’s per ISA.
Hope this help clarify my situation.
Thanks

Raymee,

Please review the X12ToValues service in the wmEDISample package.
Also review this link it answer your question.
[url=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com
You are doing more work than you need to. Let TN do the work for you.

When TN receives a file with multiple ISAs in it. TN will post one document with the sender/receiver as unknown. Then it will post the individual ISA envelopes with the correct sender/receiver . For example if you you receive a file with 3 ISAs in it. TN will post 4 files to TN 1 for the entire file and 3 for the individual envelopes.

Good Luck!

Hi Rob,
I am having problems when working with 2 ISA’s segments within one post to TN. TN behaves correctly and splits the document out correctly but when the service executes (which is attached to the X12 Envelope) the first ISA processes but the second does not. The service that executes has the following subset of commands:
connectToDB
startTransaction

commit or rollback
clearTransaction
close

The error that I am receiving via the throw error states
"Already in Transaction "
How can this be if the service is executing by envelope. In my example there are 2 distinct ISA…IEA per post.

What also has me confused is this only happens when I do a http client post. If I use the ftp to server and pass file onto wm.tn.receive it seems to work.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

My only guess is that the first time through the service that the transaction is in fact not cleared.

This is just a shot in the dark–You might try configuring the processing rule to run asynch.

Hi Rob,
For some reason it appears as if WM is treating the seperate service executions as the same thread.

Hi All,

I am working on a TRADACOMS ORDERS message. Its a mapping from the
TRADACOMS format to User defined Application Format.

What I found in the input file provided to me was that it had the
following sections i.e ORDHDR, then the ORDERS, then the ORDTLR. But
when I went through the TRADACOMS specifications I found that these
are three different message sets. But the input file supplied to me
has all the three messages together.

How do I code this map? I am using GENTRAN Server and Application
Integration for mapping. So when I build a new map I am selecting
ORDERS but what about the ORDHDR and ORDTLR messages that is also
included in the input file? How do I translate that? Do I have to
create three separate maps? Or is there any way to process three
message sets at one time.

Please advise as this is the first time I am working on TRADACOMS.

Thanks,
Nirajess

Hello all,
can you explain me how to create a EDI document for an exiting text document.
also how can we apply the flat file schemas, while preparing the EDI document.
If possible explain me in steps.
If any one have the clear picture for that explain me.
by
G.Lokanadh