This article explains how the attachment can be sent using the AS4 protocol.
It is assumed that readers of this article know how to set up a B2B enterprise profile, partner on the webMethods.io B2B platform, and create of flow service.
• Set up B2B enterprise profile, partner profile, Business Document and TPA.
• Flow service to send and receive the AS4 message.
• This article is in continuation with the previous AS4 article. It is recommended to follow the below article.
- Develop flow service to send and receive messages along with attachments using AS4 protocol in webMethods.io integration using One-Way/Push mechanism.
- End to End working flow.
- In our use case we have 2 tenants one tenant from whom we will submit the transactions and another tenant who will receive the transaction.
- In our use case in webmethods.io B2B Sender is “Silver Brew Enterprises” and Receiver is “Agile Software”
- We will submit the shipment order XML message and edi attachment from webthods.io integration using the B2B operation.
- The message is received at the receiver’s b2b side and then the message is passed to webmethods.io Integration for further processing.
- In webMethods.io Integration attachment is extracted using GetContentParts operation in the B2B application.
Setup is done on webMethods.io B2B
Outbound Channel for AS4 Protocol
Configure trading partner agreement
- AS4 protocol, all the configuration, and details are configured at the TPA level.
- It has become quite critical we configure the TPA with all mandatory details. During run time all the configurations are referred from TPA only.
- Attaching the TPA zip file for reference.
SourceTenantTPAExport.zip (2.9 KB)
• Configuration for Destination tenant
Create Inbound AS4 channel
Create a Processing rule to process the received message.
Trading partner agreement for destination tenant
DestinationTPAExport.zip (3.0 KB)
Assets developed on webMethods.io Integration layer
- Developed asset to submit the message from webMethods.io Integration flow service to webMethods.io B2B.
- In our case we have developed the flowservice ”SubmitAS4MessageWithAttachment”.
• Attached is the flowservice for the same.
SubmitAS4MessageWithAttachment.zip (12.7 KB)
- Developed asset to receive the message from webMethods.io B2B.
- In our case we have developed the flow service “ExtractContentFromB2B”.
- This will receive the data from B2B and extract the content using B2B application.
Attached is the flow service for the same.
ExtractContentFromB2B.zip (10.7 KB)
- In our case we have set extract attachment as false in the TPA. Therefore we have to extract the attachment using GetContentParts operation using B2B application.
- Submit the message to B2B from flow service “SubmitAS4MessageWithAttachment”.
- Transaction on B2B source tenant.
- Transaction received on destination B2B tenant.
Transaction received on webMethods.io Integration