Process step is not being executed some times

I have an process model and it have multiple steps associated and all are as service tasks. There are some steps which will execute based on previous step outcome. I am checking the conditions for this. What i have observed is, some times these conditional process steps are getting executing , some times these conditional steps are not getting executing even though it is meeting the criteria. I am logging the values of the outcome of previous steps. i am working on 9.7. I am surprised with this weird behavior.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

please check if the conditions are correct.

I have observed a similar thing when having a model with multiple correlating subscriptions where some of them are a mix of AND and OR joins. The generated subscription filters where accepting documents which it should not accept due to unlogic grouping.

Any Fixes applied to Process Development in Designer and to PRT in IS?

Regards,
Holger

When you say, these conditional steps were not executed, what happens to the process instance? Does it stop abruptly at some point making the instance to be in started state but execution not happened after a certain step? Or has there been any error handled by process wide error handler? Do you have parallel transitions? Post some screenshots of your process instances. Also you can choose the option of edit pipe line, save the pipeline data for completed and not completed instance and see for any difference in data…

Hi Rajesh,

please increase logging level of model to 5 (all steps) and enable “log transitions”.

Retest afterwards.

This should show a bit more about which steps are being executed in which order.

I agree with Senthil.
Please provide some screenshots.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger and Senthil,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your suggestions. We have deleted all the data from process tables and redeployed this. It is working now as expected.

Thanks,
Rajesh