check oracle tables in TN database correpted?If corrupted Pl run drop
oracle script then run createTN6.0.1_oracle.sql from IntegrationServer\
coommon\db…

Thanks,
SriniK

Beau

We got the same problem
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

And we also did not change anything but WmTN will suddenly start giving us the above errors. After working with DBA this is what we found

Our oracle processes are jumping from 24-40 normly to 300. And there are some connection pool setting at Oracle side and after that it does not allow any other connections to start and hence it gives above problem.

DBA found out that there was some java utility with the database which was spawning the processes and processes were left orphan after that. They fixed something in that utility and we have not seen any problem. We are also using HP Unix .

Let me know if you require more detail if problem is not solved at your end yet and I can ask DBA for specifics and pass it to you.

Hope it helps

This would happen if oracle was not up and running while you were connecting the TN.

Some time oracle does not come up when you let it start as a service. Did you restart the server while this happened.

If this is the case you could correct it by commenting the NTS entry in sqlnet.ora file in oracle.

Khussal,
can you give some more details and whats steps to follow?

Thanks Kushal. The DBA was able to use this information to take some steps on the database she thinks will prevent this issue in the future. We will find out Monday if the change is successful. If any followup problems occur, I will post them Monday.

Hi

When we start the IS, we are getting the following error.

2005-10-13 13:13:30 GMT+05:30 [ISU.0000.9999C] java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc33-0069][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

2005-10-13 13:13:30 GMT+05:30 [ISU.0000.9999C] Error initializing the datastore: There was a database error fetching the model version information from your database.
(0) java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc33-0069][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

(1) java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc33-0069][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

[TRNSERV.000021.000006]
2005-10-13 13:13:30 GMT+05:30 [ISU.0000.9999C] com.wm.app.tn.db.DatastoreException: There was a database error fetching the model version information from your database.
(0) java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc33-0069][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

(1) java.sql.SQLException: [wm-cjdbc33-0069][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

I checked wheter the Oracle Server is running / not and the server is running. I tried restarting the Oracle Services and Integration Server also.
But still I am getting the same error and I was not able to connect to TN using TN Console. IS Admin console is coming up after a long time.

Please let me know if any of you can help on this.

Hello Viji,

Can you check if the TN DB Pool in the Admin Console:
Settting->JDBC Pools should look like

Alias Name TN DB Pool
Alias Description
Associated Driver Alias DataDirect Connect JDBC Oracle Driver
Database URL: jdbc:wm:oracle://servername:port;SID=sidname
User Id <<username>>
Password <<password>>
Minimum Connections 0
Maximum Connections 10
Idle Timeout 60000 milliseconds

We had the same problem since the DB URL was incorrect.

Another learning is that DO NOT USE ANY OTHER DRIVERS.

Thanks and regards,
Pazhanikanthan. P

Hi Pazhani,
Thanks to ur response.
Now we changed the Oracle schema,So we changed database Url in the JDBC Pools.Now it is starting and running well.
But While Enabling the Jdbc connections by Jdbc Adapter->Connections->Enable,iam getting error like,
Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource POC_WIPRO:pocDB.

[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection POC_WIPRO:pocDB: after 1 attempt(s).

[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.

ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress.

Please help me to get rid out of it.

Thanks,
Viji.

Pazhanikanthan. P

Thanks for your post# 13. That suggestion fixed my OracleDriver problem.