Problem, while getting Connection for Tamino using JDK1.4, a

Hi! There,

I am trying to get a Connection for Tamino 311 database Via., Weblogic6.1 Server(which implements EJB2.0 specs), using Ant “wlrun” task, with the JAVA_HOME set to Jdk1.4. Well, I am not able to get the connection using this combination.

Now, if I change the JAVA_HOME env. variable to point to jdk1.3, it works fine,(able to get the connection to Tamino).

But the whole problem is I should be using Jdk version 1.4 as the Application is built upon the new features of 1.4.

How should I go about with this situation. Is it that Tamino 311 EJB API is not compatable with the JDBC version that is provided in jdk1.4?

(One Observation:: Tamino 311 API supports jdbc1.x and 2.0 specs, whereas JDK1.4 includes JDBC3.0)

Any workaround?

Thanks in Advance,
Ravi

Hi Ravi,

The Tamino API for Java and the Tamino EJB API have not been tested with JDK 1.4. So, it is possible that problems may exist.

What problem do you get?

Another hint: in the latest release of Tamino (3.1.2) we have introduced a JCA Connector implementation for Tamino. This does not make use of JDBC. Perhaps you want to have a look at that. We will be releasing the Tamino Connector also via the Community shortly.

best regards
Martin

Hi Martin,

I am attaching the log file of Weblogic 6.1 server. This log is the trace while getting the connection for the Tamino311 using JDK1.4. This would tell you what exactly is the problem.

Is it posible to get an early evaluataion copy of Tamino3.1.2

Regards,
Ravi
(rchamarthy@uniquecomputing.com)
weblogic1.log (49 KB)

Hi Ravi,

looking at the trace it seems to be a fundamental problem in getting a connection via HTTP to the Tamino Server.

If it works with JDK 1.3, we can assume that all parameters have been set properly and that the Tamino Server is up and running and that you have specified the correct Tamino URL.

Have you tried to get a connection using JDK 1.4 outside of WebLogic? Like I said we have not released with 1.4 support, but we know that JDK 1.4 has made some improvements in their HTTP support, which may have impact on us.

I’m afraid it is not possible to deliver a preview of the JCA Connector.

regards
Martin

Hi Martin,

Now this is really, A very intresting situation. I am able to get the Connection to 311 using jdk1.4, outside the weblogic container.
But what is happening while using Weblogic6.1. Now is it a problem by the Tamino Driver implementation “TDriver” class. Because outside the container, we wont’ be using TDriver.

Any help in this regard, I need to fix this issue at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance,
Ravi.

Hi Ravi,

OK, well, at least we know (or can assume) that the TaminoAPI4J is happy with JDK 1.4. So, it must either be the Tamino EJB API or WebLogic. I checked the WebSite of BEA and haven’t found a statement whether WebLogic 6.1 works with JDK 1.4. BEA has JDK 1.3.1 as prerequiste for WebLogic 6.1 and delivers that JDK as part of WebLogic.

We do not intend to deliver our APIs officially tested for JDK 1.4 until with a later version of Tamino.

We will, however, release an upgrade of the TaminoAPI4J plus the JCA Connector via the community in 1 or 2 weeks. If the problem with JDK 1.4 lies in the JDBC ares, the JCA Connector will not be affected. On the other hand, the trace seems to indicate that there is a more fundamental HTTP related problem.

regards
Martin