Problem: when i configure StoredProcedure

Hi,

When i configure the StoredProcedure in developer id, it is throwing the following Exception
"
Could not run ‘Poc_db’.

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ART.117.4002] Adapter Runtime (Adapter Service): Unable to invoke adapter service Poc_loop:Poc_db.
[ADA.1.316] Cannot execute the SQL statement “{call KEYACC…INSERTSAMPLE (?, ?) }”. "
(HY000/931) [wm-cjdbc33-0069][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00931: missing identifier
ORA-06512: at “SYS.DBMS_UTILITY”, line 114
ORA-06512: at line 1
"
[wm-cjdbc33-0069][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00931: missing identifier
ORA-06512: at “SYS.DBMS_UTILITY”, line 114
ORA-06512: at line 1
"

Table structure :
Create table sample(id number(38), age number(38));

Procedure Code:

Create or replace procedure InsertSample(A in number, B in Number) as
Begin
insert into sample values(A,B);
end InsertSample;

Note: I am using evaluation version6.1

Can you please any one can help me on this

Thanks

Are you using the Stored Procedure with Signature adapter service? Did you add an input parameter for each of the two input variables of your stored proc?

When you run the adapter service, you should be prompted for each varaible. If you added the inputs and are not being prompted set their type to string and try again.

Good luck with your POC!

Mark

PS: You will need to join wMUsers to post replies to this thread.

Thanks Mark,

Yes, i am using oracle Storedprocedure, but i don’t know what is signature adapter service? i configured the JDBC adapter service in the adapter setting and i added the two input parameter for my Storedprocedure.

When i run the adapter service, it is prompted two variable like A,B. after i entered the input value. i got the following error message. i am able to configure and run the oracle insert,update,delete, select query.

Shanmugam

If you are using the most recent version of the JDBC Adapter, there will be a Stored Procedure adapter service template and a Stored Procedure with Signature adapter service template.

By chosing the Stored Procedure with Signature service, you specify the name of the Oracle procedure or function and the adapter will introspect the Oracle catalogs to populate the input and output parameters with their correct data types.

While you can do this manually in the regular stored procedure service, this helps reduce the opportunity for mistakes.

Check your input parameters to ensure that each one uses the correct input variable. A common mistake is to use the same input variable for multiple SQL parameters.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Can this “StoredProcedure with signature” be used for Sybase database?

Beacuse an error was displayed when I try to create that service:

com.webMethods.developer.adapter.metadata.AdapterMetadataException: com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: [ART.114.205] Adapter Runtime (Metadata): Unable to lookup the resource domain values.
[ADA.1.342] Automatic stored procedure signature introspection is not support on Sybase.
on procedureSignature.procedureName [Ljava.lang.String;@1002a9d

Thanks in advance …

Sunny

The release notes or the installation guide for the JDBC Adapter will tell you for sure, but based on the error you are seeing, I would agree that it appears that SPWS is not supported on Sybase.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the Info

i think you created the procedure using JDBC adpter, if it so,verify the status of the procedure in database,if it is in “Disable” state update it to “enable” after that it works fine
Regards
sasidhar M