Problem in starting TN Console

hi there,
its me again, actually i have configured the JDBC Pools here is the setting for SQL SERVER 2000

setting for configuring
JDBC Connection Pool Alias

Alias Name TradingNetwork
Alias Description TN
Associated Driver Alias DataDirect Connect JDBC SQL Server
Database URL jdbcx.sqlserver://localhost:5555
User Id :Cobolt
Password : *****
Minimum Connections :1
Maximum Connections :100
Idle Timeout milliseconds :600000

Please help me in configuring this
Thanks
Yanna

hi yanna,

u can Database URL: jdbc:sqlserver://hostname:port;DatabaseName=AuditDB;SelectMethod=Cursor

Here the port number is 1433, host is localhost or anyother name of the host
I hope this can work for u.

bye

Yanna,

There must be a post on this somewhere. Your TN cant find its database.
Check your JDBC pools and alias and URL and do a TNSping.

HTH

Loic

And change your Minimum Connections from 1 to 0. Doing so will help avoid problems caused by database outages.

Hi Rob.
Thanks. I did as said up, here is my connection pool setting:

JDBC Connection Pool Alias
Alias Name TradingNetwork
Alias Description TN
Associated Driver Alias DataDirect Connect JDBC SQL Server Driver
Database URL jdbc.sqlserver://Localhost:1433;DatabaseName=master;SelectMethod=CursorUser Id Cobolt
Password *****
Minimum Connections 0
Maximum Connections 100
Idle Timeout 60000 milliseconds

i later added this to Funtion alias and reload my wmTN package as well as restarted the Function - “Function Alias Restarted” message was displayed. later when i tried to test the following message prompts me and also checked the same message in error log …

2005-12-07 08:51:29 GMT+03:00 wm.server.jdbcpool:testPool java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
2005-12-07 08:51:05 GMT+03:00 wm.server.jdbcpool:testPool java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

I have installed the JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server 2000 and if this error surely of my database driver error, Please Guide me for the suitable driver.

Thanks and Best Regards
Yanna

Page 135 of the 6.1/6.1.5 installation guide identifies the URL to use. The URL you have listed is incorrect (as is the URL listed by krishna kumar).

Hello,

Yemi Bedu

Yemi, was your response to me or to Yanna?
Rob

Hi Everybody,
Thankyou very much, yeah it got solved. Now i can start the TN Console. Thanks again Rob , Yemi. and All

Regards
Yan