problem configuring jdbc connection to oracle

I am not able to configure a connection to Oracle 9.2 using oracle’s thin driver classes.zip which has been put in the class directory:
C:\Program Files\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\lib
C:\Program Files\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\lib\jars
C:\Program Files\webMethods6\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars

the configuration parameter I supplied are:
transaction type: local_transaction
DataSource class: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
serverName: or
user:
password:
databaseName: or <service_name> in tnsnames.ora
portNumber: 1521
network: TCP or nothing
other properties: driverType=thin

The error I got is

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Connections:OTC_Dev.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL

I am just wondering given above properties, which looks like it is general to any type database, how WM know to assemble the JDBC Url, which is different from one database type to another: oracle to Sybase for example,

any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi,

please check your parameters for trailing blanks and remove them.

I had the same problem some weeks ago.

If this doesn�t help, please provide exact DB-Version (9.2.?.?), DB-Driver-Version (9.2.?.?) and JVM used by IS here.

Which classes.zip are you using (classes111 or classes12)?
You should use classes12.zip, or when you are running your IS in JVM 1.4, ojdbc14.jar.

Regards,
Holger

I am running webmethods6, the version of jvm running the IS is 1.3.1. The Oracle database I am runing is 9.2.*, and I am usin classes12.zip

thanks

I do have a trailing space after “driverType=thin”, and now I got this error:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Connections:OTC_Dev.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Io exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=153092352)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

what does this error mean?

Hi,

please remove all trailing blanks from any parameter entry, as this will hinder the DataSource-Class to build a valid URL to connect to.

Please remove the network parameter, as it is not necessary for Oracle.

WM does not know, how to build the URL, but the conecrete DataSource-Class does.
WM is only passing all the parameters into the makeURL-method of the DataSource-Class.

Please check that you are using the exact classes12.zip delivered with your Oracle installation or a newer one available from OTN download. (http://otn.oracle.com)

Current Version for JDBC-Driver available from OTN is 9.2.0.3, but I know that there is a 9.2.0.5 at least for HP-UX Systems.

If you wish you can try the newest Version 10.1.0.2 for the Driver even if the Database is a 9.2.*.

Regards,
Holger