Principal Picker Dialog Woes

Hi,

I have a Principal Picker Dialog that returns the selected user into a com.webMethods.caf.faces.data.dir.UserModelobject. It’s great that I can get the “display name” and “principal alias” from the object itself, but what if I need something that is not listed? Our MWS is integrated with AD via LDAP. Does the returned UserModel object contain all AD attributes? If it does, how do I get it to return, say the sAMAccountName? or any other attributes?

I looked at the documentation for com.webMethods.caf.faces.data.dir.UserModel. The getAttributes() method seemed the most appropriate to loop through the attributes that might have been mapped. However, when I try to user getAttributes(), I keep getting java.lang.NullPointerException. This kinda makes me think that there are no attributes associated with the UserModel. How do we configure the LDAP attributes to be returned into the UserModel?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, apparently, the code is working. I managed to get the LDAP employeeId attribute from the bound UserModel. Now I just need to figure out how to get the User Profile attributes and how to add more LDAP attributes to the users in MWS. I figure this is more of an LDAP integration issue. I’ll contact the guys who setup the LDAP integration.

Thanks for your attention.