Polling Process controlled from cmd line

We know we can set a file Polling port on the IS.

Can we control (start and/or stop) Polling from the command line?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bright,
Currently there is no command line available to start and/or stop any IS File Polling port.

However, though not advisable, you could dig through the IS Admin DSP pages to explore if there is any wm.server… service and try to find any which you can invoke from command line.

You should be cautioned that wm.server… services are internal to the IS and there is no documentation available on these and they and their input/ouput signatures are subject to change from one IS version to another without any anouncement from WM and your command-line thus developed will stop working if it has changed.

HTH,
Bhawesh.

There are two services available in WmArt:
pub.art.notification:enablePollingNotification
pub.art.notification:disablePollingNotification

you could write a java wrapper for those pretty easily and execute them from a shell script - we did

Hi Bright,
You wrote:
“We know we can set a file Polling port on the IS. Can we control (start and/or stop) Polling from the command line?”

Please confirm whether you were interested in knowing how to stop/start a file Polling port and not in a stop/start of a pollingNotification?

Regards,
Bhawesh.

Sorry, my bad. I misread the message. You are clearly looking for a file polling port. Please disregard my earlier post.

but the current status of PollingNotifications is “[I]Yes/i”?

Which internal service takes care of this case, and how?

Or what if you execute pub.art.notification:disablePollingNotification from the cmd line
while the current status of PollingNotifications is “[I]No/i”?

Thanks!