Hi All. I apologize in advance for having such an open-ended general question but here it goes…
My company just got wM as part of a MUCH larger package. Anyway I never saw wM before last week and I have to develop a service in two weeks. Good thing the service is not too complicated.
Here is what I need to do:
- Pick up flat files from an AS400 server. Move them to wM server.
- Read the tab-delim, header/detail(s) file contents.
- Convert the contents to a custom XML format
- Write out the XML to file(s) and put the resulting files into another directory.
Because my deadline is so short I don’t want to get side tracked in different directions as I learn this development environment. So basically I want to know:
- What Approach I should take.
- Any Quick Start documentation?
- Any Reusable code.
From what I have read and investigated so far… It’s looks like I should do something like this.
- Build a ffSchema/DocType based on source ff format
- Use a ConvertToValues service to read and load and convert ff to DocTypes
- Use a BIS like DocToXMLString or custom java to convert DocType to Custom XML
- Use a FilePolling port in Integration Server to gather the files off of the AS400 and into the ConvertToValues service.
As you can see I have several details not figured out.
- How to convert the DocType into the Custom XML.
- How to write the XML string to a file.
- The difficulties associated w/FilePolling from an AS400 Library.
So any assistance/suggestions/direction would be appreciated. And I apologize again for the non-specific nature of this post.