PgMen incoming handler found an event with unexpected state PUBLISHED

Hi All,

I have created a new REST service asset in Centrasite and virtualized this service and published to API Gateway.
When I try to invoke the gateway endpoint I get the below response

{
“Exception”: “API Gateway encountered an error. Error Message: java.io.IOException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset. Request Details: Service - GetTask, Operation - /tasks/{taskId}, Invocation Time:1:44:18 PM, Date:Mar 13, 2018, User - Default and Application:null”
}

Also, there is the below error in IS logs.

[448]2018-03-13 13:57:37 EDT [YAI.0201.0006E] [default][MED5648459c-a2f8-476f-84ea-513de28cc509:19241:39d62128b484465d951d51eb7393ec65] [36beefea-71c2-426c-81e0-a4e2af652916] PgMen incoming handler found an event with unexpected state PUBLISHED

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards,
Sridhar

Any response or fix on this?
I’m getting the same in the logs.

I was making a request through the API Gateway and I got an error.
I keep getting “Downtime exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out (Connection timed out)” when connecting to the integration server where my API are located.
I made a call directly to the Integration Server to see if its taking too long to respond, but it responds right away. Now I checked the logs in the Gateway to see what could be the reason and I saw “PgMen incoming handler found an event with unexpected state PUBLISHED” in the logs.

Thanks,
Mark

The log message “PgMen incoming handler found an event with unexpected state PUBLISHED” has no relation with the exception you are receiving. This log message is irrelevant and this has been fixed in the latest versions.

Coming to the actual problem,if you are receiving a connection timeout/Downtime exception, make sure that API Gateway is able to reach the native service and also make sure that the native endpoint is properly configured under API details->policies->Straight Through Routing policy.