Password Expiration

Hi everyone,

Apologies for this newbie question, but I couldn’t find anything in the documentation.

I’m using a technical user to access the REST API of Cumulocity for integration purposes and at the same time I have set the password expiration for my UI users to 100 days.
My question is, how can I exclude my technical user from that rule, while keeping the UI users changing their passwords every 100 days.

Thanks for your help
Tom

Hi Tom,

sorry for the late reply. The setting after how many days the password expires is a tenant setting. So it is not possible to have different settings for different users even if one is a technical user and the user a UI user.

best regards
Michael

1 Like

Thanks Michael,

Is there a recommended best-practice approach for such scenario?

How would you implement authentication for a technical user to access the REST API?

As you can imagine, I don’t really want to track manually how many days this user is using the same password.

Thanks for your help
Tom

Hi Michael,

This topic is unfortunately still not being fully answered.

Is there a slight chance that the password expiration of for example 100 days resets with every login?

I’m pretty sure I only get asked to change my password when I log on to instance I hardly use.

Could that be?

Thanks
Tom

Michael or anyone else from Software AG?

As Michael said, The setting after how many days the password expires is a tenant setting.
If you do not want to force your users to change passwords, use “0” for unlimited validity of passwords (default value).

https://cumulocity.com/guides/users-guide/administration/#authentication

hope, it may help.

2 Likes