Output Template

When i’m trying to display values of my service using output template,
all the input value are getting displayed on Final HTML but output values are not !
When i run the service in developer its showing all the values( input and output in final pipeline).
i checked my tempalte syntax for spelling mistakes …even that was ok…!

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem?

Hi Rana,
check if your output variables are enclosed in percentage signs
like %your_variable%. Also make sure you have selected “Output” in the left top panel of the service output template.

Refer to DSP and OutputTemplateGuide for more info.

HTH

ya i have checked that …but one funny thing is when i’m running the same template using “RunTemplateOnPipe” utility it is showing correct value in developer,
But when i run the whole thing using Web input the resulting HTML page is not showing output variable.
are there any settings which i have to do ?

Can you elaborate a little more as how you are passing your variables to output template and the syntax you are using (%value anyvariable%).

Rana,
I believe there is no other settings required except we have to place the HTML template into a specific package and set the inputs to runTemplateOnPipe service.

Please make sure that the HTML template is extracting the pipeline data with example:%value data% that will show in the html page.

HTH,

Attached is the output template i’m using …but when i submit the data using HTML form the output form does not shows the variable value.( output variable name in pipline is “Result”)
…this template is running fine within developer.

Only display i get is output:

CODE:

<!–>
<html>
<head>
<title> this is a test template output from WM service</title>
</head>
<body>
output: %value Result%

</body>
</html>

Is this “Result” is a string or stringlist or object datatype?

“Result” is a string.

just wondering then it should show in the html.
Check if you dropped “Result” somewhere you might have dropped before you invoke the runTemplateOnPipe. and also make sure the string is casesenstive this can happen.

And also check the runTemplateOnPipe output ($txt) in the pipeline whether it is showing result as expected.

Sorry if it confuses.

HTH,

“I believe there is no other settings required except we have to place the HTML template into a specific package and set the inputs to runTemplateOnPipe service.”

Can you please elaborate on how to place the html template into a specific package? I’m new to webMethods and need info on this.

Thanks.