Out array and validate

Hi:
I am facing a weird problem and I know I am missing something somewhere- basically I am trying to do a validation and hence need to loop over In array:x12envelope/ISA and out array :new820array/ISA.But after I loop over x12/ISA envelope I need to check if the ISA06(Sender) is ABC then only build the out array else do nothing. I thought this was fairly simple and put a branch there but everytime I seem to get this error:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: array element type mismatch
The reason being I think that in my test file there are 2 ISA segments and so x12envelope/ISA has ISA[0] from XYZ and ISA[1] from ABC. When I branch in the case of first ISA I do nothing and so the ISA shows up as *null.This I think is causing the problem. I am not sure I am explaing this right - so please free to ask me more questions.

Thanks
MB

Hello,
I would suggest you not you the new820array as the “out array”. You can use the in arrray and branch into the a sequence where the ISA06 is not “ABC”, use a reg expression to filter. You would then do an appendToDocumentList to build your new820array as it should have been declared blank in a map prior to the loop. Your result will only contain a list of what you approved as valid. If you start with 7 structures and 2 had the “ABC”, your final new820array would only have 5 strutures for later processing.
[MAP] (blank) -> new820
[LOOP]{in array} <- x12
-[BRANCH] {switch} <- x12/ISA/ISA06
–[SEQ] {label} <- ABC
–[SEQ] {label} <- $default
—[appendToDocumentList] {toList} new820, {fromItem} x12 -> {toList} new820
-[BRANCH] {switch} <- new820/ISA
–[SEQ] {label} <- $null
—[MAP] ## further validate

Your other approach would be to keep your top code the same and filter on non presence in your later validation. So you would have:

[LOOP]{in array} <- x12, {out array} <- new820
-[BRANCH] {switch} <- x12/ISA/ISA06
–[SEQ] {label} <- ABC
—[MAP] x12/ISA -> new820/ISA
-[BRANCH] {switch} <- new820/ISA
–[SEQ] {label} <- $null
—[MAP] ## further validate

You would continue down that last map then only work on the structure since you found it to exist. You can do extra splits on other parts of the structure. I still think the earlier pre filter is better to understand, manipulate and debug later.

Thanks - ultimately I had used a regular expression and done something like you have mentioned above. Took me some time but I did figure it out - part of the learning process I guess.

Though not significant, just wanna share my experience. I encountered the same error when i tried to manipulate the in & out array values in the Properties panel & run the service. I solved the issue by creating new loop and providing new out & in array values in the Properties panel.
P.S: I’m using wM IS 7.1.1

HTH,
Hope.