OPC UA address space scan fails

Dear colleagues,

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Cumulocity IoT Edge 10.11 with the built in opcua-device-gateway

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Customer instance

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

Scanning the address space of an OPC UA server. The connection to the server is marked as active in the dashboard. But if the address space scan is starting, the operation fails quickly, regardless of whether it is an automatic scan when creating the server as a device or a manual one triggered by a rest call. You can find two screenshots in the section below, showing the error message in the c8y web app and the stack trace I could find in the logs of the opcua-gateway. Do you know whats the cause of this cast exception and how this can be fixed?

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

Currently still running the 10.11 edge

Thank you and kind regards,
Julius

Can you attach the log files in debug level TRACING?

Could you also give some details about which OPC UA Server you are using?

This is definetly a problem in the OPC UA Gateway handling the OPC Server node i=12886, it could even be a problem in the prosys OPC UA client SDK we use. It seems to have some problem with reading the Role Permission Type. Could you change the permission for this node i=12886 on your OPC UA Server? Also possible is that the OPC UA Server doesn’t follow the OPC UA Standard.

Could you also try to connect your OPC UA Server with the (Prosys OPC UA Browser - Prosys OPC) and read this node i=12886?

Best regards, Alex

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.