NumberFormatException on SMTP service

When trying to run the pub.client.smtp manually from developer with only the required parameters (to, from, subject and body; mailhost is left as extended settings default), we are receiving the following error on one of our pre-prod servers:

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: java.lang.NumberFormatException:

Oddly, the other pre-prod server is fine on the same JVM (1.3.01) and platform (NT), even after we copied the server.cnf file from the problem server onto it. So the issue does not appear to be an extended setting. Does anyone have any idea where else to look for a possible difference that might cause an error like this?

The entire error stack is below:
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: java.lang.NumberFormatException:
at pub.clientimpl.smtp(clientimpl.java:531)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java(Compiled Code))
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java(Compiled Code))
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

Thanks for any insight,
Beau

Hi,

Only numeric value associated with sending email is the port number. I suggest you to check if any non-numeric value is being provided in port number.

Regards

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have also tried hardcoding the port number to 25 for the exact reason you mention with no better results. There is no way to see the results tab (as the error is fatal and throws an exception to the screen), but the details section of the error that is generated only shows the 4 values that I inputted into the service–no value at all in the port unless I input that.

Thanks,
Beau

I have not understood how you pass the values. is it possible for you to send me a screenshot?