Notification V2 doesn't work on version 1013.0.167

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Cumulocity IoT Platform. Version 1013.0.167 and 1014.0.68.

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Both

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

Notification V2

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

We got “404” using the version 1013.0.167.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

Yes.

Hi all,

I tested the notification V2 on eu-latest whose backend version is 1014.0.68 and all good. And then me and my colleague tested on another version which is 1013.0.167 and it doesn’t work. It showed that the page doesn’t exist-> “404” from the Postman. Is it the version 1013.0.167 that should contain the Notification V2 function?

BTW: we have already activated the “Notification V2” on the “role” section.

Much appreciated for your help!

BRs,
Yingzhe Liu

1 Like

Hi Yingzhe,

Thanks for your enquiry.
This issue needs to be handled by Cumulocity Cloud Ops team and we already have a support ticket to address this issue for one of our customers.

Could you clarify which environment is this?

Warm Regards,
Vikas Bhatt

1 Like

Hi Vikas Bhatt,

Thanks for answering me the question! What does the “environment” specific mean here? The tenant name or the OS system?

BRs,
YIL

1 Like

Hi Yingzhe,

Please provide the tenant URL that you’re using.
Note that Notification 2.0 API requires Pulsar to be deployed and we have currently deployed it only on few Cloud (production) instances such as eu-latest, emea, cumulocity US.
This API will be available as an optional feature together with 10.13 version.

Warm Regards,
Vikas Bhatt

Hi Vikas Bhatt,

I just have one question here.

Why it is not offered by default with 10.13 version?

BRs,
Yingzhe

Hi Yingzhe,

The main reason is that the Cumulocity Messaging Service requires additional resources (3 K8S worker nodes and persistent storage for undelivered messages) with corresponding costs that users may not wish to accept for existing deployments.

The Messaging Service will become a standard component of all deployments in a future release – which one exactly is still to be decided.

In the meantime, if the owner of your 10.13 environment is willing to provision the extra resources needed to deploy the Messaging Service, it can certainly be enabled in that environment.

Best regards,

Scott

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.