Not able to read file using java service

Hi All,

I need to replace a csv file on unix with xlsx file. I have created a java service and I am using opencsv to read the csv file. I am able to read the file locally and convert it to xlsx but when I give the complete unix path, it gives me an error that the system cannot find the path specified.

Below are the 3 approaches I have tried separately. csvFilePath is a string variable that has the path /home/file/abc.csv

1. BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new FileInputStream(csvFilePath)));
  2. FileReader fileReader= new FileReader(csvFilePath);
  3. I used pub.file:getFile to get the csv data in stream and then used pub.io:stringToReader to convert the stream in InputStreamReader object and passed this object to java service. This is how I am trying to fetch:

InputStreamReader inputStreamReader = (InputStreamReader)IDataUtil.get( pipelineCursor, “reader” );

I don’t want to mix flow service and java service and just want to do this job using one java service. Can anyone please tell me what wrong I am doing here?

Hi Akshay,

can you provide a more detailed outline of your processing please?

CSV files can be read in by using FlatFile handling feature built-in to the IS.
Which API are you using to create the xlsx files?

What is your IS version?

Regards,
Holger

I think you have to configure the IS so that it can read files in the desired directory via file:getFile. With a custom java service you can read any directory.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am using WM 9.10 version. Earlier I was creating a csv file from json but now I need to send an xlsx file. My input is json that I get from calling a third party API. So I have been asked to keep everything same and convert the final csv file to xlsx file and delete the csv file. I want a single java service to do this rather than a combination of flow service and java service to read csv and write xlsx file. For this I am using apache poi for excel and opencsv jar to read csv.

Today I am able to progress on reading the file.

I used Path class from java.nio.file.Paths; package and converted it to path object
Path path = Paths.get(csvFilePath);
csvReader = new CSVReader(new FileReader (path.toString()));

Now I am stuck at writing the excel file.
Workbook workBook = new SXSSFWorkbook();
SXSSFSheet sheet = (SXSSFSheet) workBook.createSheet(“Sheet”);----> giving null pointer exception

This works fine on local and is successfully writing data to xlsx file however on unix filesystem I am getting null pointer exception.

I used Workbook workBook = new XSSFWorkbook();-----> still it didn’t work
but when I used Workbook workBook = new HSSFWorkbook();
it worked and I was able to create xls file on server. However I need xlsx format

As per the suggestion on xlsx - Apache POI SXSSFWorkbook createSheet() return NullPointerException - Stack Overflow
I believe I need to install Microsoft fonts on unix server however network team has put an ACL and I cant install it.

Do you think If I get the approval to install font, it will resolve my issues? Does anybody has any better approach for example script? I am not able to understand why xls file gets created but not xlsx. I have imported all correct jars and classes of apache poi framework.

import org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.*;
import org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook;
import org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.CreationHelper;
import org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Row;
import org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Workbook;
import org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Sheet;
import org.apache.poi.xssf.streaming.SXSSFSheet;
import org.apache.poi.xssf.streaming.SXSSFWorkbook;

Thanks in advance

This will be the fileAccessControl.cnf in the WmPublic/config folder under the packages directory of the instance.

Remember to reload the WmPublic-package after editing the CNF-Files under WmPublic/config-folder.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks Holger.

I am able to read file. For the xlsx issue I will open a new thread.