Non-Validation of the database schema.

Hi,

After creating of a new database, it was defined using DTD through the Schema Editor. Later well formed XML documents, not conforming to the DTD, were loaded and retreived successfully! While the interactive interface checks for multiplicity options of the existing defined elements at the time of loading, it does not check for new/extra elements not present in the defined DTD. Is this part of Tamino’s features and is there a way to catch such errors.

Hi Chetan,

you have to switch the map-type of the root-element in your doctype definition with the schema editor to native. then tamino will validate the xml-document against the doctype definition in tamino.

I am a bit puzzled by Martin Hirschbichler’s reply. (I guess he is re-uploading the DTD within any instance, isn’t he?)

I would have reply “no, there is no conformance checking: this is a ‘by design’ feature”.

I see Tamino schemas as a pure index definition.

The repository will accept any well-formed XML file provided that there is no conflict with the way indexes are defined.

So it is my understanding that, indeed, any “additional unexpected element tag” is always accepted by Tamino (but in the case where you provide a DTD within the instance).

Software AG Belgium, Professional Services Division

I had a similar experience, posted a few weeks ago here at forums. I believe to remember that versions of Tamino before 2.2.1.9 complained about elements in a document which don’t conform the the schema. Last time I tried through the Java API I was able to insert all kinds of elements not described by any schema, leave out mandatory elements … maybe I ask my question from back then again: was there anything that has changed when 2.2.1.9 was introduced?

Go to your Tamino explorer expand your database, expand your properties node click the xml node . On the left bottom pane select modify and set closed content to yes, That will validate for you . stop and start your database

Go to your Tamino explorer expand your database, expand your properties node click the xml node . On the left bottom pane select modify and set closed content to yes, That will validate for you . stop and start your database if you get that you can mail me at snipes@myiafrica.com